Our Brothers. Our Chapter. Our Time. Their Future.
Our innovative new program provides a unique opportunity for alumni to mentor a collegiate brother with similar majors and/or career aspirations and build a deeper friendship with an undergraduate member. Its purpose is to:
- Provide collegiate brothers with a mentor from the alumni ranks
- Augment the collegiate Big Brother role with experienced alumni
- Provide guidance on Fraternity & Career development that will assist the young brother
- Provide “industry” context for fields that collegiates are interested in
- Strengthen the connection between collegiates and alumni of the Gamma Kappa Chapter
The Gamma Kappa Alumni Mentor Program demonstrates dedication to the future success of our Active Chapter. Modeled After the Mu Chapter’s program, which was developed in 2005, and CU’s mentor program, it is designed to:
- Pair actives with designated alumni
- Provide opportunities for Gamma Kappa and Sigma Nu Alumni to spend time (either on the phone or in person) with actives who have expressed a dedicated interest in a particular career path or leadership arena.
- Give alumni and actives a proven and easy-to-use process to follow as a guideline to a successful mentor-mentee experience and the flexibility to tailor the process to each other’s needs and schedule.
- The Gamma Kappa Alumni Mentor Program is a novel and leading edge component of our future Chapter. To our knowledge, no other chapter at CU offers such a development tool to its active members.