Fraternities are a communal living experience. It’s comparable in cost to living in an apartment and buying all your own food. And it comes with the life-long experiences, friendships, learning, connections and personal responsibilities that grow out of living together with a diverse group of individuals. The foundation of that ongoing community is a commitment to the financial and physical well being of the chapter. Every man counts. And every man is asked to do his equal and required share for his personal benefit and the good of the whole.
COSTS – 2017/2018 SCHOOL YEAR*:
- Monthly Single Room & Board: DISCOUNTED $1,450.00 (if lease signed and deposit received by Jan. 15, 2017) or FULL PRICE $1,500.00 (with late lease signing and deposit after Jan 15, 2017). Meal plan cost of $425 per month is included and is mandatory.
- Monthly Utilities: Flat rate of $135.00 per month.
- Total Monthly Payment: $1,585.00 (discounted amount) or $1,635.00 (full amount).
- Annual Security Deposit: Either discounted $2,050 with signed lease by Jan. 15, 2017 or full price $2,150 with signed lease after Jan. 15, 2017.
- Fraternity Dues: $600 per semester ($350/semester for seniors). Administered by undergraduate Executive Board. Utilized for social activities, Rush, athletic, philanthropic and both Colorado IFC and National Fraternity obligations. The active chapter reserves the right to adjust the dues amount.
*2018/2019 costs to be determined
ALL Sigma Nu GK members MUST MEET these requirements. There are ZERO exceptions:
- Live on the property compound a minimum of 2 years/housing terms. (a lease is required to be signed each year by the member and their parental guarantors).
- A meal service plan is provided, within the total housing contract, to all members during the fall and spring semesters of each CU academic year.
- 16 meals are provided weekly (4 continental/2 hot breakfasts, 5 lunches, 5 dinners)
- Members, through their designated kitchen manager and committee, interact directly with the on site cook, to help determine appropriate menus (including vegetarian).
- Every member that lives in one of the chapter property buildings, is required to FULLY PARTICIPATE in the provided meal service plan (even if dietary restrictions, scheduling conflicts, illness, etc. might prevent them from eating some or any of the meals.)
- Please consider this requirement carefully before committing to join and live at the Sigma Nu properties. This meal plan is not offered on an a’la carte or opt out basis.
- Be a EN-GK member in “good CU and fraternal academic and moral standings”.
- A minimum 2.75 GPA must be continually maintained, while a member of the Sigma Nu Fraternity chapter.
- CLICK HERE to view the Gamma Kappa Chapter’s Academic Plan of Action
- All fees, dues, expenses, rent, utilities pro rata share, etc. are expected to be paid when required (per signed lease agreement). Late payments of any type will result in the immediate, ongoing assessment of daily financial penalties to your individual invoice, as stated in your lease agreement. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your payments are RECEIVED (in the offices of Sunnyside Property Management) no later than the due date.