SIGMA NU HOUSING CHECKLIST
FINANCIAL PLANNING 2017-2018 / COSTS AND EXPENSES*
- Required two-year lease for new fraternity members
- Nov. 30th: $50 personal check for application/credit check fee (new residents only)
- Discounted security deposit of $2,050 (2 mos. rent @ $1,025/mo.) with signed lease received by Jan 15. OR full price security deposit of $2,150 (2 mos. rent @ $1,075/mo.) with signed lease received after Jan 15.
- Monthly 2017/18 cost: Discounted $1,585.00 (if lease signed and deposit received by Jan. 15, 2017) OR Full Price $1,635.00 (with late lease signing and deposit after Jan 15, 2017).
- Sept 1: $600 fall semester fraternity dues ($350 for seniors only). The active chapter reserves the right to adjust the dues amount.
Important Housing Information for Parents of New Fall 2016 Pledges!
Like most CU fraternities, Sigma Nu requires that all “initiated” Fall pledges live on property for 2 years, beginning this coming fall. Costs are listed below. Fall pledges and parents sign leases in Mid-January to reserve rooms. Only those pledges who formally initiate/become members of Sigma Nu will be bound to the 2017/2018 lease. Conversely, if your son does not initiate, his lease will be terminated.
*2018/2019 costs to be determined
|Nov. 30th, 2016||Final date for all future residents (NEW and Current) to complete 2017/18 housing application online CLICK HERE including:
• Your contact information
• Your parent/guarantor contact information
• If NEW applicant for housing at Sigma Nu, pay $50 online using a credit/debit card at the time of submitting an application for processing/credit check. No fee is required for returning residents.
Sunnyside will email Sample Lease to Tenants/ Parents and Guarantor Form only to Parents/Guarantors
|Review the sample lease document with your parents over winter break. Call SPM if you or your parents have questions. No changes may be made to the lease! Guarantor Forms completed by Parents MUST be returned by fax to SPM, A.S.A.P. for credit check and approval. This reserves for you a room on the EN compound. Your specific room assignment will be made in April by the chapter.||At home over winter break|
|By Jan. 9, 2017||All leases are executed through an online tenant portal. Sunnyside Property Management provides portal activation through an email sent to the tenant.|
|Week of Jan 15, 2017
Deadline to complete lease and qualify for rent discount
|You MUST provide the following when executing the lease (NO EXCEPTIONS):
Your security deposit paid through the online tenant portal or by bringing certified funds to the Sunnyside Property Management office to receive the “on time” discounted rate of $2,050.Deposits received after this date will be $2,150. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
|SPM, 4890 Riverbend Rd. #B, Boulder, CO 80301|
|April 21, 2017
Chapter completes Room Assignments.
|In an extreme situation only (e.g. a brother drops out of school, causing your room assignment to change), you must: Get approval from House Mgr. for room change, then House Mgr. contacts SPM with information of change.
Housing Room List Addendum will then be changed by SPM for the front page of your lease.
|House Mgr.contacts SPM of authorized change.|